Learning The Secrets About Energy

Important Components That Your Home Solar Power System Should Have

In the event of a power outage, solar power panels Monterey residents buy come in very handly. The panels are powered by the sun, so you don’t pay a cent for using these, resulting in money savings. Also, unlike other backups, such as generators, solar power is green, and using is it is not associated with any carbon emissions. With solar power, the advantages to a household are difficult to exhaust, in particular when a configuration has all the essential elements as illustrated in this article:

1. The Panels

Solar panels are the devices containing photovoltaic cells that convert light energy into electricity you can use at home. The panels are the main component of your solar power system, and the number you require to power up your entire home depends on the maximum load and the length of time to be in use. Therefore, begin with identifying the energy input specification (in watts) for every equipment for use with solar power, and work out the sum wattage for all the equipment to know how many panels are needed for your entire application. First thing is: know the wattage (in watts) for each device that’s intended for solar power, sum up the energy consumption for the said devices, and use the information to buy the right number of panels.

2. Battery BackUp

You’ll need a home battery backup system for your solar power. You might need several batteries, the number of which also depends on your energy consumption needs. Additionally, decide the number of batteries to buy and store power by assessing the time period a blackout may last within your neighborhood.

3. The Power Inverter

Unless you’re using your solar power system for DC lighting lamps , you’ll need to use an inverter to convert the current in your batteries from DC to AC. The inversion system wastes as little as 5% of the energy output, but the remaining 95% is available for use. Don’t forget to check that your preferred inverter type is rated well in terms of efficiency to avoid losing a lot of solar power.

4. Transfer Switch

Set up a transfer switch for the swift switching of power source from the grid to the battery system. For sure, you do not need interruptions to your enjoyment of TV or other appliances in case of a sudden blackout, so use a transfer switch with instantaneous operation.

5. Charging Control

Install a charge controller to draw the highest amount of current sourced from your solar modules. Confirm that the controller can automatically disengage when the batteries are full of charge, cutting the connection to solar panels. Thus, your batteries avoid the risk of overcharge damage, and no current leaks back to the solar source in case of dormant panels.

Such aforementioned parts perfectly complete your Monterey solar panels system setup to continuously provide environmentally-safe energy for your household’s enjoyment.

On Energy: My Rationale Explained

Why not learn more about Installation?